Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Did It!!!

Soooo... I'm making one! Three of my roommates have blogs this semester, so I decided I wanted one too. My life isn't too exciting though, so I'm not really sure what I'm going to write about. But it's ok, it'll be fun!

So, I'm off-track this semester, which I love! I've never really enjoyed school, but I love being in Rexburg for the social life, so being in Rexburg without school is just about perfect. I do have a job, so I'm not just sitting around being lazy all day. I do work from my apartment though, so it's pretty common for me to work while sitting on the couch or on my bed in my pajamas. Don't worry though, I do shower and get dressed at around noon every day. :)  For those who don't know, I work for Piano Marvel. It's basically a program that you download to learn to play the piano. I've been working on it for a few years now, and it's come SO far. We're actually expanding to guitar, drums, and bass now too. My sister, Jadi, has been doing a lot of the piano stuff lately, and I've been doing a lot of customer service, and I've just started working on guitar songs in the past couple of weeks. I've learned a lot by having this job, and I am so grateful for it. It's a huge comfort to know that I have a paycheck coming. (If you want to see more about Piano Marvel, you can go to http://www.pianomarvel.com).

Other than work, I really don't do a whole lot. Monday evenings we have FHE, and I have the best group! This semester my ward is pretty even between the girls and guys, so we have one apartment of girls for every apartment of guys. (Usually it's 2 apartments of girls for every 1 of guys.) The first week that we had it, we were laughing and joking the whole time! That's never happened before! Usually the first one is at least a little awkward, but it wasn't at all this time. It was great.

Then, on Tuesdays, I don't usually do too much. This week I did get to babysit though! I babysat Hilari. One of my really good friends got married last December to my brother-in-law's old roommate. They had Hilari this last November, and she is the most precious little girl ever! Yes, she was named after me, which I feel incredibly honored for, and I love her so much. I was even able to see her be born, which was one of the most amazing experiences.

Me and Hilari about an hour after she was born.
On Wednesdays I go country dancing. I've been a few times before in past semesters, but I never really enjoyed it too much. I would very rarely get asked to dance, and the few times that I did, I didn't know what I was doing, so I just felt dumb. But, this semester, Abigail, Alexis, Brittany, and I have started going every week. (Brittany went all the time last semester too, but now we're going with her). We go to the instruction for the first hour where we learn a line dance, and then basic two-step and triple-step, as well as the Cowboy Cha-cha, which is my favorite. This was my second week going this semester, and it's getting to be more fun! I think I'm starting to catch on during the dances, which helps a ton!

Abigail, Alexis, me, and Lauren before going dancing.
And that brings me to tonight, Thursday. For the past 5 semesters, me and a group of friends have been playing wallyball every Thursday. It's a ton of fun! There is a recsports league at the school, so we've made a team. The season doesn't start until the beginning of March, but we pretty much know who all is going to be on the team, and we all play every week, so it's going to be really good! I want to win the championship so bad! Last year, we lost at the semi-finals, so this semester, I really want to win. It would make me really happy. :)

Oh, and I guess I should just mention, that to make this semester even better, I love all of my roommates! They were all my really good friends before the semester started, so it's made it a lot of fun.

Roommate dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Lindsey, Alexis, Lauren, me, Brittany, and Abigail.
 Anyway, it's time for bed. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment