Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2 1/2 Weeks Down...

So pretty much, I have never been so busy in my life! When I signed up for classes, I knew I would be busy, and it would be a difficult semester, but I wasn't really worried about having time to get everything done, with a little time left over to play. That was before I got my calling though. About a week before school started, I got a call from my bishop, asking me if I would come over and talk to him that night. So I went to his house and he asked if I would accept the calling of Relief Society President. What's funny is my ward has three Relief Societies, and the other two presidents are Brittany and Bailee, who are both my roommates. That definitely does not happen very often.

Being Relief Society President means having a lot to do. I preside over everything that goes on in my Relief Society, including special meetings or activities, visiting teaching, Sunday meetings, presidency meetings, music, and compassionate service, and I also go to weekly meetings with the bishopric. I am very blessed though because I have two counselors and secretary who are all great and help me so much with anything I ask them to do, plus more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I love my calling, and I love all of the women I come in contact with through it. I feel so blessed to know all of the girls in my Relief Society, and to have such a great presidency. Somehow I've made it this far, so I'm sure that I can make it the rest of the way.
In other news, I love my classes. I pretty much live at the Livestock Center which is usually pretty great. Although I do wish I went on campus more than twice a week...I never just run into people between classes anymore, which is kind of sad. But I am in a horse training class, which I love! I get to work with my horse pretty much every day. (I started a blog for my final project in this class. If you want to look, and keep up with our progress, you can go to the right side of this blog and there is a link to it called, Advanced Animal Handling and Behavior.) I also work with cattle a lot in a couple of my other classes. I'm in an AI (artificial insemination) class, which I actually really enjoy. And I'm in an Animal Handling and Behavior class, which is where I learn how to work cattle and other livestock using low stress techniques.
Jack. The horse I'm using for my horse training class.
The last of my exciting news, is that it's time for Ultimate Frisbee to start again! Again, I don't really have time to play, but I'm doing it anyway. Our first game was last night, and it went really well! We won something like 13-5. I'm very happy with my team this semester, I expect great things to come from Give-n-Go!

1 comment: