I'm already starting to countdown the weeks until school is over. (Only four more weeks of classes not including Thanksgiving!) I've said it before, but this has been a crazy semester! I've been so busy, and now I'm getting really burned out, hence the reason I'm blogging in the middle of the day, when I should be doing my two assignments that are due tonight at 9...
 |
| I'm only a little excited to go home. : ) |
Even though it's been so busy, I've really liked it. With the exception of two of my classes, I really like my "homework" which includes riding my horse as often as I can, and working with either the sheep or the cows. For my horse training class, I started out with one horse, Jack, and used him for the first half of the semester. I loved him, but he has back problems so I couldn't ride him, and I had to switch to using Poncho. Poncho is one of those horses who has a really nasty attitude, and he doesn't ever want to do anything. He's really well trained, but my teacher wants me to make him happier. And, to my surprise, it's actually working! He's much happier now then when I started him, and we're making progress every day.
My Artificial Insemination class is also over, and the really exciting news is that I got a 93% on the written portion of my final, and a 100% on the practical exam part! So that means that I successfully bred two cows, and hopefully when they are preg-checked in the near future, they'll both be pregnant! It might be weird, but I really liked that class, it was a lot of fun.
 |
| Haha, nothing like a little bit of Artificial Insemination humor. We had a lot of fun in that class. |
Some other very exciting news is that I was offered a TA position for spring semester for my animal handling class! I'm really excited, because I'm going to get to work with the cows, and teach the students, and I'll get paid for it! My teacher is one of those people who I feel like it would be really good to keep in contact with, and have for a reference in the future, because he knows a lot of the professional cattlemen. So if I want to do an internship, he'd be a great resource for me, I'm very excited about it.
Ok, last thing I promise, my Ultimate season ended last week. We did really good, but lost at the semi-finals. It was pretty disappointing, mostly because this was Shiloh's last season, but it was still good, and we had a ton of fun! And now, because I have so much extra time (lots of sarcasm), I'm on a volleyball team! I've never played volleyball before, but my old fhe brothers wanted to put a team together, so 5 of us in my apartment joined the team. The first game was last week, but it was at the same time as my ultimate game, so I couldn't go, but they won! Our second game, my first, is tonight, it'll be fun! ...or maybe funny is the better word, I'm not sure. Oh, and p.s. our team name is The Chivalrous, and this is our team logo. I thought it was pretty funny.
We can get through this together! :)
ReplyDelete