Anyway, during the winter, I got a job working at a call center, which I really really didn't like. If I can get away with it, I'm never going to do that again. I also did a lot of volunteering at the school. I was an "unofficial TA" for the Animal Handling and Behavior class. You can't get paid when you are off-track, so I just did it for fun. I also taught a Horsemanship class, which was a lot of fun. It's crazy how teaching someone to ride a horse makes you a better rider, because you actually have to think about what you're doing, and why you're doing it. I was also still the Relief Society President, which took up a lot of time, but it was an amazing experience. I actually kind of miss it now... Other than that though, I pretty much just socialized, met new people, made new friends, and had fun. It was a great semester. Sadly though, I didn't get any pictures. :(
Life now is kind of crazy. Have you ever just felt completely lost, like you have no idea where you're supposed to be going in your life? That's about where I am right now. I don't even know where I'm going to be a couple of months from now. I don't know whether to stay in Rexburg and try to get a job for the summer, or if I should move back home for the first time since I started school and help my parents around the house and with the horses. If I stay in Rexburg, then I need to find a place to live, and probably start looking for a job right now. And, I need to figure out where to live in the Fall. Or, I could go on a mission. If I did that, then I would need to decide whether to leave right away, or if I should go to school Fall semester and leave when I'm off-track in the winter. Or, I've thought about doing something similar to what my old roommate, Abigail, did. She went to Peru while she was off-track and did humanitarian work. I feel like I could do that and do a lot off missionary work. Or, I could choose not to go on a mission and just finish school, which would mean finding an internship for this winter. I also considered going to BYU-Hawaii for a year, but Caitlin tells me that's probably not a good idea, seeing as they don't even have my major there... I also have no idea what I want to do "when I grow up". Everyone keeps asking me, and the only thing I can say is that I don't know, just something with animals. I would love to just train horses, but there's no money in that, and I don't need to have a college education for that, so what's the point of even graduating? I feel like I should probably do something with the education I'm getting, but I just don't know what that 'something' is... ... ... Basically, I'm super frustrated and stressed out, and wish I still had a plan so I could just do it.
Anyways, now that you've gotten a little piece of what's going on in my mind, I'll end on a happy note. A couple weeks ago, Alexis came into town, so her, Brittany, Abigail, and I had an old roommate reunion and went to Texas Roadhouse. It was fantastic! I miss them so much!
![]() |
| Me and Brittany and Texas Roadhouse |

Chin up Pretty Girl, with prayer & faith you'll figure it out. I know my opinion isn't really important but I can tell you from personal experience I was feeling pretty lost as well at one time and then I got the prompting to go on a mission. And there was no doubt that's where the Lord wanted me. Sometimes it just takes a little faith in ourselves to make a choice and then trust that the Lord will let us know if that's the direction He wants us to head in. Let me know next time you're in town. We'd love to see you!
ReplyDeleteSometimes when we are feeling lost it helps to change the questions we are asking. Listen to Cali. She is wise and always right unless it involves the care of live house plants.
ReplyDelete