Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Big Decision!

I've made potentially one of the biggest decisions of my life. But, you'll have to wait to the end of the post to hear about that. Just because I like keeping you in suspense. :)

This semester so far has been different than any other semester I've had. I'm super busy, but not a whole lot of what I'm busy with is homework. Not only am I busy at the Dairy, but I do all sorts of hands on stuff at the Livestock Center. Between doing extra stuff for Brother Twitchell, and taking classes that require outside of class work, I don't get bored. I've been spending a lot of time ultrasounding mares, checking on sick animals, and making sure that people are taking care of them when they're supposed to. And, with TAing three classes, there's a lot of homework that I have to grade. I love it, because I'm busy, but it's not busy work, and I'm learning a ton. I do wish I had a social life though. I've never been so separated from friends and being social. This past week I did go dancing on Wednesday, but that was a special exception because normally I'd be at work. Other than that though, I have FHE which I don't really count, because a big part of the time I don't want to go, and I had an Ultimate game on Thursday. So really, this has probably been the most social week I've had all semester. It's pretty sad...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ok, I can't keep it in anymore. I'M GOING ON A MISSION!!! Yes, this is the big decision I was talking about. A little over 3 weeks ago I realized that I needed to go. It's been a huge internal debate for me for the past several months, and I just realized that I was being incredibly selfish by staying here when I could be out serving the Lord. My papers are done, I've done my doctor's and dentist's visits, I got my wisdom teeth out on Monday, so now I just have to meet with my Bishop and Stake President, which is scheduled for Sunday. Then my papers will be sent in and in a few weeks I'll get my call! I put my availability date as January 1st, so I could be leaving in just 3 months! I'm so excited, I can't hardly contain myself. I hold the Gospel so near to my heart, I can't wait to share it. I know the Lord blesses and protects His missionaries, and the Spirit will be able to speak through me to touch the hearts of His children. I know that I've been prepared for a mission, and I am so excited to serve as a full-time representative and servant of our Heavenly Father.

The soon-to-be Sister Crawford, for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the club! IT's a decision you absolutely won't regret! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete