Has the past week been the longest week ever? Yes, most definitely. But, on the upside, today was my last day of working early morning custodial. I quit! That is one of the BEST. FEELINGS. EVER!!! On Tuesday after my Animal Health class, which Brother Twitchell is teaching, he said that he was disappointed to see that I was in both Horse Production and Animal Health because he was hoping that I would be his TA for both of them and for Beef Production. But since I'm in the classes he can't really hire me and pay me to be there... I told him that was fine, and I would help him out anyway. I think he felt bad though, so he hired me anyway, and I'm just going to use my own discretion as to when I get paid. This new job is why I felt justified in quitting early morning. It's nice to know that I have a steady income. I've already been super busy this week with school and TAing, but I'm excited. I think it's going to be a good semester. I love my classes. Two of my friends are in my two hardest classes, genetics and marketing, with me. They're both pretty hilarious, so I think it's going to be a lot of fun. My marketing class is going to be...interesting. The first day of class I showed up and there were 12 guys there. I was the only girl in the class. Let me tell you about intimidating and awkward. Holy cow. I was definitely out of my element in there, but it was still pretty entertaining. But then the second day another girl showed up. It's funny because I kind of felt like she was encroaching on my territory. But it's ok, it'll be nice not to be the only one sometimes.
I also started doing my extra internship work yesterday. I fed a newborn calf, vaccinated about 20 heifers, and then had to pull warts off of them. That part was definitely really gross, they bleed a lot... Then I had to milk, but I got done about 20 minutes early, so that was really good! I hope that I can start getting faster so I can go home earlier. Yesterday I was at the dairy for almost 7 1/2 hours. That's a really long time to be working without a break or food...
Things are going really good though. I love being a senior, knowing my teachers, having a lot of friends, and getting to take classes that actually apply to my major. I also went in and talked to academic advising, and I figured out that I only have 6 or 7 more classes to take. There's 18 credits, so I could technically finish in one semester if they all scheduled out right, but I think I'm going to push it to 2 semesters. As bad as I want to be done with school, it kind of scares me, because I have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm done. For now though, I'm just going to play, work, and study, and just enjoy being a single college student with so many options.
No comments:
Post a Comment