This is my mare! I think she's absolutely beautiful, and she actually has really good confirmation and smooth gaits. The only problem is that she's a mare and has a bad attitude pretty much all the time. But, like I said before, we have been improving which is all I can really ask for.
 |
| Oakie and her mom, Slick Chick |
 |
| Oakie now. |
 |
| Me an Oakie. Ignore how gross and tired I look. I've been up since 3:00 this morning and only got about 2 1/2 to 3 hours of sleep last night... |
Oakie is actually a half sister to
Goober. We owned both of the mom's and the dad at one point. They both got a lot of the mares' attributes which is actually too bad, because the stud was amazing! (No pun intended. haha) Oakie's mom is actually my grandparent's horse, but they gave her to me last year. I was hoping to buy her from them, but then they just gave her to me, it was great! I just wish she had Goober's disposition. I miss him terribly. We had such a strong and special bond. It was more than me just liking him, I could tell that he loved me too. Having my parents take him home felt like losing my best friend. It's been good having Oakie here, but we just don't have the same connection that Goober and I did. I hope in time that will come. I do love her though, and I am so grateful that I've been blessed with the talents and abilities required to have her!
No comments:
Post a Comment