Saturday, September 1, 2012

This Crazy Life

So much has happened in the past month, I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start with all the people who I know who have gotten married. Within the first few weeks of the summer, I counted 13 people that I know well who got married. One of those was my best friend/old roommate, Alexis. Another one of my old roommates, Bailee, also got married this last Thursday. I went down to Alexis's wedding in Utah. Whitney and her husband came up, Abigail went down with me, and Brittany met us there. It was so fun to all be together again! Alexis looked absolutely amazing. It's crazy to think that she's married now!
Jared and Whitney Buckley
Abigail, Brittany, and me

Mr. and Mrs. Marc Jolley!

Oh how I miss these girls!
Abigail and I also went to Bailee's reception on Thursday. And she of course looked beautiful as well.

In the past month, I've continued to play a lot of games, and hang out with friends a lot. But, I also got two jobs a few weeks ago. I'm working early morning custodial on campus. I work from 3:30-10:00 Monday-Friday. Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't typically do very good in the morning before 9:00, so this has been quite the challenge, but somehow I have survived.

I also got a job milking cows. I milk for a guy out in Ririe. I've been working three times a week, but starting next week, it's only going to be on Wednesday and Friday nights. There are about 165 cows that get milked every morning and night. So, I'm doing the night shifts on those two days. It takes about 5 hours to milk all of them, and it's a half hour drive one way. I leave my apartment and 4:30, and I usually get home at about 10:30. Then I of course have to shower, and I end up getting just a few hours of sleep before I have to get up for the next job. It's been kind of rough, but I actually kind of like it. This job is actually going to turn into an internship for me, so on top of the milking I'll be helping with the late pregnancy preg checks, vaccinations, record keeping, tracking calf weight gain, and feeding the calves. This was definitely a blessing, because I haven't been sure when I was going to do an internship, or where I was going to go for it, but then this kind of just landed in my lap. Everything seems to be falling into place pretty good for me right now, and I am very grateful for that.

I've also continued to work with my mare. For a while I was really struggling with her because she is so much different than Goober in every way. But, we've been making a lot of progress lately, so I'm pleased with how that's going. She hasn't tried to buck me off or a couple of weeks now, so I feel pretty good about that! I still haven't taken any pictures of her, but stay tuned for some soon...

School starts in just over a week, which I am not looking forward to. I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to manage two jobs, and school, and training the mare, and doing the extra internship work on top of it, but I'm going to try my hardest. This is what my school schedule is looking like right now, and I'll do most of the internship work on Fridays.

Well, that's all for now. I hope I survive long enough to write again...

No comments:

Post a Comment