I feel like there's a pattern in my blogging. At the end of every semester, I post a lot more often than anytime else, and it's at the end of every semester that I have the most to do... Again, I'm just really good at procrastinating, and blogging seems like a good excuse.
Anyway, Thanksgiving break was so good! I just stayed in Idaho, but my parents came up, so we had dinner in Pocatello, and it was great. We didn't have school on Wednesday, but I had to work that night. So, I just did some homework and hung out at my apartment until it was time for work. Then on Thursday morning, my parents came up to Rexburg and we went and rode my mare. I'm so proud of her. The last time my dad saw her, she wasn't safe to be around at all. You had to work her pretty hard before you ever got on, and even then you had to be on your guard the whole time because she would spook or jump so easily and fast. Even leading her to the barn to saddle her was a little sketchy because she had zero respect, and would walk right over you. Now though, she almost walks too slow to the barn, you can get on right away and ride out in the middle of a field without a problem, and she hasn't spooked bad at anything for a long time. She may not be as far along as Goober was when he left, but she also didn't start out as far along as he did, so I'm really proud. She's also taught me a ton. I feel like I understand them so much more than I used to. And I've gotten to where I feel like I know what she's thinking, and I'm able to put myself in her shoes, which really is essential if your going to build a good relationship with your horse. I'm also a lot more confident in my riding. She wasn't always the easiest horse to stay on, but she never got me off and I learned how to sit better and how to feel what she was going to do before she actually did it, so I wasn't as surprised when it happened. My dad took her home Saturday morning though, which makes me really sad. I'm going to miss having my own horse to ride and to train. Some of my best learning and education has come from training these two horses for the past 7 months.
After riding, we went down to Pocatello to Shiloh's and Megan's for dinner. We spent most of the day there, and after we ate we went to get a couple of Christmas trees. Our family has a tradition to go cut down our Christmas tree after Thanksgiving dinner, so we went to get them for Shiloh and Jadi, but the road where we were going to go was closed, so we just shot for a little bit instead, and went back to Shiloh's and played games.
 |
| Me and Dad Thanksgiving day. |
 |
| Dad, Brian, Jadi, me, and Shiloh at Thanksgiving dinner. |
Friday morning was so great. I went through the temple for the first time, and my whole family was there. My mom said on facebook that it was truly a glimpse of heaven. I can't put it any better. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I'm so glad that I was able to have it with my whole family. I just love the gospel and the temple so much, I wish everyone in the world could know what I know, and feel what I feel.
 |
| I'm the luckiest girl in the world. I love my family! |
 |
| Dad, me, and Mom. |
 |
| I look like a missionary! |
After the temple, we went out to eat, and then Mom, Jadi, Brian, Megan, and Shiloh went back to Idaho Falls, and Dad and I ran a few errands and then went to work. Dad bought a couple of calves from my boss, so he came with me, which was so great. I like my job a lot better when I'm not doing it by myself. It gets old after a while, but having Dad work with me made it go a lot faster, and we finished half an hour early. After work we went to Idaho Falls and stayed at Jadi's for the night. Saturday morning I went back up to Rexburg with Dad, picked up my horse, and then he dropped me off and left. It was really hard for me to see them drive away, but in just a few weeks I'll be able to see them again, so I guess it will be ok.
Later that day I went back down to IF, and we all went down to Pocatello to get the Christmas trees. It was a lot of fun, and good to get out of Rexburg for a while.
 |
| Brian, Jadi, and Lucy with their Christmas tree. |
 |
| Shiloh, Megan, (and little Maci) with their Christmas tree. |
 |
| The girls of the family, minus Mom. Me, Megan, Maci, Lucy, and Jadi. |
Reality hit this morning though when I had to go back to class. Only three more weeks until the semester is over, and 6 1/2 weeks until I leave on my mission!
No comments:
Post a Comment