Sunday, December 9, 2012

Good-Byes...

So I know that when you are asked to do something really good, it's not always going to be easy, but you still need to do it. And I know that by doing really good things, you will be very blessed. But sometimes, the sacrifices you have to make almost make doing that really good thing unbearable.

I absolutely HATE saying good-bye to people. Being a senior means that most of my friends are also seniors, or really close to it, which means that they won't be here at school that much longer, especially not another 2 years. I've had to watch a lot of friends leave in past semesters, but I was always able to talk to them, and they didn't all leave at once, and I always still had friends left that I could turn to. This time though, it's me leaving. I don't know anyone where I'm going, and I'm not going to be able to talk to any of my friends for the next year and a half.

Some of these people that I'm going to be leaving behind, I've known since my first or second semester. Others, I've only known for a short time, but it hasn't taken long to get close to them. We've had some amazing times, and there have been some rough times, but all of it has made us the friends we are today. The thought of potentially never seeing them again nearly kills me. (I've cried multiple times today, and I still have a week before I have to say good-bye...) I know the blessings I receive for serving a mission are better than any I can imagine right now. There's no way I'm going to change my mind now, but it's hard not to think of all the things and people that I'll be leaving behind. But, like my dad says, it is just a part of life. Everything will be ok, and I know that I'm doing the right thing.

Here's some of the good times from the past few years, and just a few of the people that I love so much. How I am going to, or already do, miss them.

Me and Nikki. Summer 2009

Me and McCade. Fall 2009
Me, Kadi, and Alexis. Winter 2010
McKenna, Alexis, Whitney, and Kadi. Fall 2010
Alexis and Whitney. Fall 2010
Cali and Kadi. Fall 2010
Abigail and Whitney. Fall 2010
McKenna and Lex. Fall 2010
Lex and me. Fall 2010
Me and Shiloh. Fall 2010
Eric and me. Fall 2010
Lex, me, Travis, Jeff, and Abigail. Winter 2011
Lindsey, Lex, Lauren, me, Brittany, and Abigail. Winter 2011
Abigail, Lex, me, and Lauren. Winter 2011
Kadi, Lex, me, and Abigail. Winter 2011
Carlee and me. Fall 2011
Brittany, Lauren, Lex, me, and Abigail. Fall 2011
Jarek and Brittany. Fall 2011
Me and Brittany. Spring 2012
Me, Brittany, Jenn, Jarek, Lex, and Abigal. Spring 2012
Me and Hilari. Spring 2012
Me and Goober (yes I'm including my horse in this list.) Spring 2012
Caitlin. Spring 2012
And of course, my family. Brian, Jadi, Dad, me, Mom, Megan, and Shiloh. Fall 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment