This has been the most different Christmas I've ever had. It's the first one that I wasn't home for, for one thing. At the end of the semester I moved down to Idaho Falls with Jadi and Brian. I really spent more time in Pocatello than IF though, because they went to Utah for Christmas. Then, at about 4:15 on the morning of December 24, Shiloh came down the stairs and said that it was that time! Megan was in labor! We hurried and got everything in the cars, and went to the hospital. Mom and I sat in the waiting room until she was born at 11:01 in the morning, and then we finally got to go see her!
 |
| Waiting for Maci to come! |
 |
| Very proud parents with a precious little girl. |
 |
| Mom is happy to be a Grandma. |
 |
| And I LOVE being an aunt! |
 |
| Maci and Shiloh |
 |
| Beautiful little girl! |
We had our Christmas Eve dinner in the hospital that night, and then they came home from the hospital on Christmas morning at about 10. Dad flew into IF at about 1 that afternoon, so Mom and I went to pick him up. After he came down, we opened presents, and of course loved on Maci some more. It was fun to see Dad with the baby. I think he likes being a Grandpa too.
 |
| Meeting Maci for the first time. |
 |
| Hiding her face. |
 |
| Sleepy little girl. |
We stayed in Idaho for a few more days. Megan's parents came into town, and they had the baby's blessing on the 28th. Then on the morning of the 29th Jadi, Brian, Shiloh, Mom, Dad, and I left to come to Colorado. Yesterday morning, I spoke in church for my "farewell". I spoke with two ladies who are fairly recent converts. The Spirit was really strong, and I think it went really well. A lot of my family came from the Valley, so it was really good to see them again, and to see so many people from the ward that I haven't seen in a long time.
I only have about a week left, and then I'm going to the MTC. I can't believe how fast time has gone. I'm still pretty nervous, but I'm getting a little more excited. It kind of just depends on the day. For now though, I'm just enjoying spending time with my family, and I'm excited to go ride my horses tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment