Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh Rexburg...

I know so many people who say all the time that they are just so excited to get out of Rexburg, and be done with school. Right now though, I don't really understand that feeling. Ok, be done with school I can kind of understand. But, I love my major, so really I'm not getting tired of school, and I'm definitely not tired of Rexburg. Now that I've left it, (even though I'm only in Idaho Falls until after Christmas), I miss it a lot. I was talking to Jadi about it earlier, and she asked if I miss my friends, or if I miss Rexburg? The answer is both. I miss my friends terribly. It's only been a few days since I've seen them, but just the knowledge that I won't see them until after my mission, if ever again, is enough to make me cry...multiple times. This past semester was so much fun, and I keep thinking back at all the good times, and the many laughs that I had. Having such a great semester has made it even harder to leave. I've always been bad at change and saying good-bye, but leaving something that's so good makes it that much worse. Last night I even had a couple dreams. One of them was with me at Brother Twitchell's house, with his horses. The other was of country dancing. Clearly, these things are still on my mind a lot. I hope the dreams don't last long...

It's also so weird for me not to go home to Rexburg after work. I've been working the last two nights, and still have to work tomorrow night, and when I leave, I turn the opposite direction than I would go to get to Rexburg. Every night, I've been so tempted just to go to Rexburg instead, but I know that wouldn't be a good idea, and there wouldn't be any good point in me doing it. I've lived in Rexburg for the past nearly four years though, and I just miss it a ton. There's no place quite like Rexburg, and even though so many people complain about it, I really do love it there. But, in 18 months, I will be back in Rexburg again, and I am looking forward to that day.

PS: I recognize that this wasn't necessarily a very positive post. I am excited for my mission, and experiencing life as a missionary in New York, and all of the great things that I'll get to do. I just wish that I could do both; stay in Rexburg, and be a missionary in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment