Friday, January 4, 2013

Time Flies

The past two months have been an absolute whirlwind. I opened my call on the 8th of November, so almost exactly two months ago. In the past two months I have finished school and my internship, lived with Jadi in Idaho Falls for two weeks, gotten a new niece, had Christmas, moved home, gave my farewell talk in church, said good-bye to countless friends and family, finished all of my shopping for my mission, and now all that's left is getting set apart this Sunday and packing up all of my stuff. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I decided to go on a mission, and now I leave in 5 days... It's amazing the blessings I've received because of it, but also all the hard times that I've had because of it. It's been quite the journey, but I know that it's for a reason, and I am doing what the Lord wants me to do.

The past week has been great. Shiloh, Jadi, and Brian came down to Colorado with us for my farewell. It's almost been like old times, playing games, going to the Valley, and working outside together. It's also been a lot of fun having Jadi's and Brian's puppy, Lucy, here. None of the cats like "cousin" Lucy. :) She is adorable though.




It feels really weird not to be going back to Rexburg right now. Shiloh left for Idaho this morning, and normally I'd be going back with him... But it is also about 35 degrees warmer here, and there's 55% less humidity, so there is a part of me that isn't super sad about it.

Anyways, I figure I'll probably post one more time before I leave, and then Jadi is going to keep my blog updated, and post my addresses!

No comments:

Post a Comment