Life's been pretty exciting since I posted last. The main reason is because of Moab. It was amazing! McCade and I left Rexburg 7:00 Friday morning (I only got 1 hour of sleep because of cleaning and packing, and Matt and Dianna came over when they got in town at about 4 that morning). Then we went to his house and were there for a few hours getting things ready. A couple of his buddies went with us from there, so the 4 of us finally made it to Moab at about 10:00 that night. And we still hadn't eaten, so we went to The Brewery, which was way good. I stayed with my parents in the hotel that night because Shiloh and Jadi weren't there yet. The next morning my parents and I drove around Arches waiting for everyone else to get there. Finally at noon Shiloh, Megan, Jadi, Brian, Whit, and Christy (Shiloh's neighbors) got there. So we went to set up camp. We did a little bit of riding after that. Megan and I rode Brian's little 4-wheeler. That night was really windy and cold, but luckily the other nights weren't so bad.
 |
| The men trying to fix Shiloh's chain. |

The next morning Jadi, Brian, and my parents went to church, and the rest of us went riding again. I liked this trail a lot better. It was easier, without so many rocks. But, of course we had problems. Shiloh's chain fell off, so he had to go back to camp to work on that. Then when we were waiting for people to catch up, McCade noticed that mine and Megan's 4-wheeler had a flat tire, so we had to go back too, and had to go really slow. That was frustrating. And then McCade got a flat tire on his bike. (The day before we also had problems including bad spark plugs on Christy's bike, and the brakes on Whit and Christy's 4-wheeler catching on fire.) So after that we couldn't do much riding, so we went to Arches and walked around quite a bit. We went to Delicate Arch, but of course right before I was going to go under it, people started yelling telling me to move so they could take pictures. I might add that I was last in line, but they couldn't have waited another minute to let me go under it. Here are some of the many pictures I took at Arches.




I might add that I'm terrified of heights, but I went with McCade and his buddies to the North and South Windows, and a lot of what we were doing was hugging the rocks to get around them. Kind of scary.
 |
| Dad and Mom |
 |
| Brian and Jadi |
 |
| McCade |
McCade and his two friends left Sunday night, and my parents left Monday morning. So that left Shiloh, Megan, Jadi, Brian, Whit, Christy, and me. We went for a ride that morning, and it was great. Brian and Jadi rode McCade's 4-wheeler, and Megan and I rode Brian's 4-wheeler. The rest of them had their dirt bikes. This was a really pretty ride, and at the end there were some really cool rocks that we could climb through. It was so cool!
 |
| Me on top. The rocks were huge! |
 |
| Jadi |
It was like tunnels inside the rocks. It would be a lot of fun to play glow-in-the-dark tag in there.
So I know this post is getting kind of long, but the best is yet to come! Sadly though, we didn't get any pictures of this part. Monday afternoon, we went to a different trail to ride. We had to trailer the bikes and 4-wheelers out there, and it took quite a while to get there, but it was so worth it! The trail we went on was called the 10-Mile Wash. It was so fun! There weren't a lot of steep uphill climbs or anything, but I really didn't mind. There were a lot of sand...moguls. (I don't know if that's what they're actually called). There were some rocks, trees, water crossings, and just all sorts of fun things. Shiloh's chain kept falling off so we had to turn around early, but it didn't even matter. It was so much fun. We've all decided we're going back this summer just so we can go to that trail. Here's a few random pictures of riding.
 |
| I think the bike is a little too small for McCade... |
 |
| Megan and Shiloh |
 |
| Christy |
 |
| Me |
We left the next day at about 1:00 after we did the Indian Step Ladder and packed up camp. Overall, I think it was possibly the best vacation I've been on. It was great having my whole family there, and just relaxing and being away from responsibility and the cares of the world. Usually after you've been camping that long without a shower and everything you start feeling ready to go home. But, it wasn't like that at all this time. As soon as we started driving away, all of us just wanted to turn around and go back. And now, every time I hear a motorcycle or dirt bike, I get kind of depressed, and want to go back. But it's ok, I'll go back someday!
Looks like a fun time! The picture of Jadi in between the rocks looks professional, its really cool.
ReplyDelete