Last week, I had a more funny/awkward experience then I thought was possible. I guess it really started while I was in Moab. I got texts from Alexis and Abigail telling me that I needed to text a friend, we'll call him George, when I got back to Rexburg. Apparently he had been texting them saying he was bored and asking if any of our roommates were in town.
So Alexis gave me his number, and on Thursday I texted him inviting him to wallyball that night. He couldn't come, but afterwards he texted me to ask how it was. So we were talking for a little while, and asked if I was doing anything the next night, and if I'd like to do something with him. Normally I don't accept dates when I'm asked through a text, but I didn't have any plans so I said I'd go out with him. So he said he'd call the next day during lunch to make plans, so that helped redeem himself some.
He did end up calling, and when I answered he asked how I was, and I thought he said Brittany, but I wasn't really sure, so I didn't correct him and tell him it was Hillary. So we made plans to do dinner and a movie and he'd pick me up at 7:30. When he got here, he seemed kind of confused as I got my purse and jacket. I don't remember exactly what was said, but he somehow got out that he thought it was my roommate, Brittany, who he had asked out. He'd even saved my number in his phone as Brittany! Now, I can kind of understand how I wouldn't be sure if he said Brittany or Hillary, but I don't get how he could read Hillary and think Brittany. The first time I texted him, I told him "This is Hillary", but he clearly didn't read it right. So, for the first time, probably in the history of forever and everyone, I went on a date as a proxy for my roommate. Luckily I know him well enough that it wasn't a big deal, but I won't lie, it did hurt my ego a little. But, since it was so funny, it brightened my mood. It gets better though, just wait...................................................... George came over last night, and asked Brittany on a date!! They're going out tonight! I can't wait to hear about it!

No comments:
Post a Comment