I started writing this post last Thursday, and here's how it started...Can I just say, I love summer! I just wish that I didn't have to be in school at the same time, so I could truly enjoy it. Rexburg weather is notorious for switching from being sunny and warm, and then snowing five minutes later, but it has been nice all day today... But I can't really start that way today, it's been raining and cold all day. :(
Since that's really depressing though, I'm going to just pretend that it's still Thursday, meaning it's nice and sunny and warm. So, I drive out to the Livestock Center everyday for classes, and today as I was driving home, I had my windows rolled down the whole way, and I wasn't cold! Then, Brittany, Abigail, and I went to the park to lay in the sun. I studied and just enjoyed the amazing weather. I even got a little bit of a tan! I wish I could do that every day, minus the studying.
That's not the only reason I love summer though. I also love it because I get to play Ultimate Frisbee. I mean, I do play when it's cold and nasty outside, but it's so much more enjoyable when it's sunny and warm. Have I talked about Ultimate before on my blog? I don't think I have. Ultimate is basically one of the best sports there is. It is also one of my top passions. I joined my ward's team my first semester in Spring of 2009. I'd never even heard of it before, but I decided to join anyway, and it was fun, but I was terrible at it. My team's captain still wanted me for some reason though, so I stayed on the team the next semester, and every fall and spring semester since. I know that I've improved, and now I have so much fun playing it! I'm actually the team captain now, this is my second semester doing that, because Debbie graduated. Our first game of the semester is tomorrow, and I am so excited! I think this is going to be our best team yet, so the goal is to win the championship, and I think we can actually do it!! We usually lose at semi-finals, and I'm really tired of that, so this semester is going to be better. Here's some pictures from past semesters playing Ultimate. This is why I love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment