Thursday, March 3, 2011

Burgers, Brothers, and Basketball

Soooo I had a birthday this week!! I just want to say that I have fantastic roommates, who made my day great. Alexis has been asking me for a couple of weeks now what I wanted to do, and where I wanted to eat for my birthday. Last year Alexis and Kadi took me to Wingers for my birthday, but this year I decided that I wanted to go to Big Judd's. We invited my FHE brothers too, and it was kind of a combined birthday party for me and Blake, who's birthday is today.
Blake bought me ice cream. :)
And this is a Big Judd Special. A full pound of meat AFTER it's cooked.
Then, yesterday I went to Provo with McCade, Austin, and Kiersten for the BYU game against New Mexico. It was a ton of fun, but slightly disappointing. The refs were very one-sided, and in the end, BYU lost by 18. It was definitely worth the trip though. We went to J-Dawgs before the game, and it was delicious! Then during the game there was a fight in the stands right next to me. It made me think of Elder Uchtdorf's talk, Pride and the Priesthood. It's a great talk, and he talks a little bit about pride in the sports arena. I highly suggest reading it, which you can do by clicking here. Even though it was ridiculous for the one guy to get so mad that he would start throwing punches, it was kind of comical at the same time.

After the game we went to In-n-Out Burger in Orem. I'd never been, and I've heard both good and bad about it. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it was anything special. Then we drove home. It was a long day. We left Rexburg at 3pm, and we got back at 3:20am. Kiersten and I were the ones to stay awake on the way home. Both of the guys fell asleep very quickly. It's funny, because they were going to be the ones driving home. All I have to say is it's a good thing Kiersten and I were there, otherwise I'm not sure they would have made it home, at least not without pulling over to sleep first. I have pictures from 2:30 and 3:00 in the morning, but they are not very attractive of any of us, so I think I'll let you imagine what we looked like that early. Here are a couple pictures from the game though. I'd never been to the Marriott Center, so I thought it was pretty amazing.
Student section
And, it is official. I am a BYU fan! I didn't really care before, but I am definitely converted. But, I will do my best to remember that "all of God's children wear the same jersey."

1 comment: