Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sports, and More Sports!

This year McCade convinced me to fill out a bracket for March Madness. I've never done it before, or ever really cared, but I decided to do it anyway. And, now I'm quite sure I'm going to do it every year. It's been a lot of fun! My bracket is completely dead now though. Pittsburgh definitely wasn't supposed to lose to Butler. I watched the last part of that game, and I just don't understand why Pittsburgh would foul them when there were only .4 seconds left in the game. You would think they would have learned from when Butler fouled them with just a second left, but apparently not. Then last night Ohio St. lost. That wasn't supposed to happen either. So now, 3 of the 4 that I had in the Final 4 are out, so I'm just counting on Kansas to pull through for me.

My wallyball team also had our tournament this last week. The week didn't start out too good though. On Monday, we were practicing after FHE, and I rolled my ankle. It was the same ankle that I dislocated last year, so a roll that might not have been too bad for my other ankle, was terrible for the ankle that I actually hurt. I had to sit out for the rest of the night. For me, that's really saying a lot, I almost never sit out. Tuesday was the first day of the tournament though, so I had to play. It was swollen and bruised and every step hurt, so I had McCade tape it for me, and I wore my brace over the tape. I iced it off-and-on all day, and I took a lot of Motrin throughout the day. It still hurt, but with the tape and brace, it was stable enough that I was able to play. We had our first game that night, and we won it easily. But our next game was not very good. It was the first time we had any competition, which we weren't really expecting, so it didn't go so well. We lost that game, which put us in the loser's bracket. It was double elimination though, so we weren't completely out of it. We played again on Wednesday and won that game. Then Thursday we played two games. Again, we won the first one easily, and then we lost the second. It was a really close game, but we made some mistakes, and ended up losing. It was a really good season for us though, and we had a lot of fun. Everyone on the team are really good friends, so it was great to be able to play with them. And, most of us are also on my Ultimate team, so next semester we'll start with that, and it's going to be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment